Meeting the individual needs of all children lies at the heart of The Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum and those with special educational needs, like all children, are entitled to high quality early years provision.
- In Beaumont Hill Academy we offer Early Years experiences for children with Autism, Severe Learning Difficulties, Complex and Medical Needs.
- Our staff are Early Years trained with children with special needs, and committed to promoting children's wellbeing, learning and development during their time with us, providing the foundations for later learning.
- Children learn through play and we ensure that children with additional support needs have the same opportunities to play as everyone else. This will include developing their communication, attention span and physical skills.
- Some children may need help and encouragement with activities and we have access to a number of highly skilled professionals who can give advice and support.
- We aim to give a wide variety of multi-sensory experiences and activities and have access to a wide range of excellent learning resources including a sensory room, soft play and hydrotherapy pool.
- Where appropriate, children are given the opportunity to play, learn and mix socially with children in Springfield Academy's Foundation Unit.
Our ultimate aim is for your child to feel emotionally safe and secure; this is aided by getting to know you and your child well and building a positive relationship with you both.
Above all, we will ensure that your child's first experience at school is an extremely enjoyable one!