At Beaumont Hill School we offer a broad, balanced and flexible curriculum, designed to allow all students the opportunity to achieve at every level and fulfilling our commitment to provide effective progression to college courses or employment.
We therefore offer:
- a sensory based curriculum for those who would benefit from access to our own sensory rooms, hydrotherapy pool and staff trained in providing for our students with complex needs
- Every student access to a curriculum personalised to their needs
- Opportunities to develop independence through specific life and living skills
- Access to appropriate accreditation courses
- Visits to enhance teaching and learning such as forest school, outdoor education, residential opportunities
- Career guidance which includes work experience, college links and enterprise activities, access to a careers co-ordinator and mentoring programme
- After school clubs designed to promote independence, self esteem and build relationships with others
Our accreditation courses in Years 10 and 11 follow a more work based pathway than in Key Stage 3, in partnership with a wide range of external providers including many practical options such as:
- Engineering at South West Durham Training
- Land Based Studies at Houghall College, Durham
- Work Skills with Middlesbrough Football Club
- Hospitality and Catering including taster days at Darlington College
- Health and Social Care working with local care providers
- Work related visits to a number of employers including: Cummins, Ochis, The Dogs Trust etc...