Latest News

Latest News

Year 9  Parents Evening - Wednesday 20 June 2018 -3.30-6.00pm in the Performance Hall

Year 6 Parents Information Evening - Tuesday 11 June or Wednesday 12 June 2018 - 6.00pm in the Performance Hall

You will receive a letter to confirm which night you need to attend.

Easter Music Concert - Thursday 22nd March 2018 - 6.00pm in the Performance Hall 

Year 8 Options Evening

This will take place on Tuesday 20th March 6pm-8pm. During the evening there will be a short presentation followed by the opportunity for pupils and parents / carers to discuss option courses with the course staff. Prior to the evening, pupils will be given an invitation letter, options booklet and options preferred choices form to begin the process of choosing their option choices.

WEATHER UPDATE (4/03/2018) - 2.15pm
Message from Mr Lumb:

Good News - We are not expecting any overnight problems, so Haughton Academy should be open as normal tomorrow. (5/3/2018)

WEATHER UPDATE (1/03/2018) - 3.15pm
Message from Mr Lumb:

We have just taken the difficult decision that Haughton Academy and the three academies at the Education Village site will remain closed tomorrow.

There has been a site inspection and it is simply not safe to open tomorrow.  Mitie staff have been working very hard to clear snow from the access roads and pavements but the car park bays and drop-off areas are inaccessible and there are large accumulations of snow on several rooftops, which pose a real risk to site users. Marchbank and Gurney Pease will remain closed tomorrow for similar reasons.

All of the secondary schools in Darlington have also recently stated they are concerned that their sites are unsafe and are remaining closed.

Please stay safe during this adverse weather.

WEATHER UPDATE (28/02/2018) - 6.15pm
Message from Mr Lumb:

With the current snow conditions and the MET Office amber weather warning for further snow and ice this evening and up to 6pm tomorrow, Haughton Academy will be closed on Thursday 1st March. This decision has not been taken lightly and is in order to ensure the safety of pupils and staff.

Unfortunately due to the extreme weather, we have had to close on Wednesday 28th February 2018

WEATHER UPDATE (28/02/2018) - 9.00am

Message from Mr Lumb:

Thank you for all the comments in support of our decision to close today. I am sure you can appreciate it's a very difficult decision as we will always do everything we can to try to stay open and ensure that pupils education is not affected. However this morning we had to recognise the severity of the weather and the dangerous driving conditions. Virtually all of the staff were unable to travel today and their safety as well as our pupils has to be our priority. We are in the process of assessing the situation and planning for tomorrow and Friday. Currently there is a lot of snow to clear and this is going to be a big job for the EV site team. We will endeavour to update you at the earliest opportunity as to whether to open or not tomorrow. Please be patient with us as at the moment as we are just keeping an eye on the forecast and the weather throughout today. If we think it's safe to open tomorrow we will do so. Thanks for your continued support.

Due to the ongoing issues with the weather which are likely to continue for the remainder of the week QE Sixth Form have decided that this Friday's hovercraft event will be postponed until later in March. Apologies to those pupils who would have been involved in this event.