Care & Guidance
Haughton Academy is committed to ensuring that all its pupils have the opportunity to thrive and succeed.
Care, Guidance and Support
This is supported through its caring and highly aspirational environment.
All staff fully support the pupils in all aspects of academy life. A wide range of enrichment activities further support the academic and emotional well-being of the pupils.
Pupils and families are supported by:
- A Head of Year who oversees the welfare of pupils within their Year Group
- Form Tutors who are committed to giving every pupil the best start to the day
- Year assemblies which are based around themes which promote positive values, thoughtful behavior and encourage a sense of responsibility and community spirit
- A tutorial programme which engages and inspires pupils to work as a team, reflect on themes which encourage individual and collective responsibility
- A mentoring programme designed for pupils who require extra support to progress in their learning
- A specialised counseling team for pupils who require extra emotional and well-being support
- A family support team committed to providing an appropriate clearly identified level of support to facilitate pupil learning and emotional well-being
- Transition champions who support primary pupils in their progression up to secondary school
- A team of Year 11 prefects who support both the academic and pastoral development within the Academy
- A Learning Resource Area which is available for pupils to access beyond lesson time to work