Marchbank School students are encouraged to realise their maximum potential and to contribute to school, community and society.
Student Council members have the responsibility to be positive role models. Student councils play a vital role in the democratic process.
The council objectives are:
- To create a stronger relationship between the students and the staff
- To foster leadership skills within the student body.
- To develop an awareness of the student council within the student body.
- To encourage student initiatives to support Marchbank School policies and practices
- To provide a forum for students to discuss their views/opinions
- To provide representation of the student views.
- To act as a barometer of student opinion.
- To better the school environment.
- To serve as a spokesperson for the concerns of groups and individuals.
- To promote school and community service projects.
- To stimulate student interest in school activities and promote school spirit.
- To work with the staff of Marchbank School in the development of policies.
The student council have been very busy! This term they have met regularly and have so far liaised with the students about what rewards they would like staff to arrange, helped to organise the Sports Relief sponsored events, helped children to complete their student questionnaires, purchased some radio control cars and taken part in the interviews for new staff’.