Safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility
You can read our Trust-wide Safeguarding Policy on our Policies and Procedures page.
Everyone who comes into contact with children, young people and families as part of their work, including those who do not have a specific role in relation to child protection, have a duty to safeguard and promote the welfare of children.
To support this, EVAT has a number of dedicated safeguarding professionals and leads. We have a zero-tolerance approach to behaviours that could enable abuse and assault. We encourage anyone who may be affected by safeguarding issues to talk to our staff members in our schools. Staff members will listen and take further advice on next steps. If you have concerns about the welfare of a child, you can speak to any member of staff, or you can contact one of our Designated Safeguarding Leads (DSLs). Our DSLs are:
- Paul Dickson – Deputy Head Teacher – Haughton Academy: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Richard Gartland – Principal – Springfield Academy: email@example.com
- Alison Sinclair – Principal – Gurney Pease Academy: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gemma Elysee – Deputy Head Teacher – Beaumont Hill Academy: email@example.com
- Tess Wright – Head of School – Marchbank Free School: firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional advice and support can also be found at:
- childline.org.uk or telephone 0800 1111
- Children’s Services Front Door (Darlington)Telephone: 01325 406222 or email: email@example.com If you need to get in touch out of office hours, contact the Emergency Duty Team on 01642 524552
You can also contact the Darlington Safeguarding Partnership Designated Officer (DO) directly on telephone 01325 406451 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
In an emergency, do not hesitate, call the Police on 999